Drama Experiences

Thank you for taking a moment to share a perspective about any of our Drama shows that you have attended.  If you are or were a student in the Drama class, please share about your experiences.  (Comment below.  An email address is not required, but comments are moderated by Mr. Oncay).

9 thoughts on “Drama Experiences

1. Brian Yoshikawa
    January 21, 2015 at 6:01 pm

This was the 3rd play that I have seen in the past 2 years and I have enjoyed each and every one. Mr. Oncay does a great job of mentoring the kids and turning the reigns over to them the night of the performance. You can see all the hard work they put in rehearsals pay off.

2. Sairam Srinivasan
    January 21, 2015 at 6:47 pm

Hello Mr. Oncay,
    Amudha enjoyed the Drama experience a lot. It has helped her gain new perspectives and also helped her get new friends. We appreciate all the hard work that went on your part to make this happen. We hope to attend future Drama shows too.

Sairam
    Amudha’s dad

3. Julie Lee
    January 22, 2015 at 5:21 am

Taking part of the drama production was absolutely extraordinary. Getting the chance to bond with other members of the cast not only helped me become a better actress, but they taught me that in drama, it’s weird NOT be weird. If it wasn’t for drama, I’d still be scared to get out of my comfort zone and worrying what other people would think of me if I was “abnormal.”

4. Julia Thunker
    January 22, 2015 at 11:50 pm

Romeo & Winifred was my first experience with a Miller drama production. I was thoroughly impressed with the commitment and dedication of all the kids involved. It’s inspiring to see kids be so passionate about their experience. Keep up the great work!

5. Madeline Shao
    January 23, 2015 at 1:55 am

I have watched two drama productions over the last two years, and they were both really great. I thought the most recent one, Romeo and Winifred, was super funny and a well thought-out modernization of Romeo and Juliet. I could tell all the actors and the crew (and Mr. Oncay) worked hard on producing the play. Thanks for all your effort to make it an enjoyable experience!

6. Sarah McPeak
    January 23, 2015 at 6:54 pm

The students did a wonderful job and their confidence radiated. This was a delight to witness. Mr. Oncay’s hard work in addition to the dedication of the students made for a great show!

7. Sanjana N.
    January 24, 2015 at 3:41 am

This was the first time I took Drama as an elective. I realized that it was much more than learning to act. I formed a “family”, and got to know a lot more people. Some of the people I got know still say hi to me on campus. We started off with drama class and ended with a performance knowing that we were all from the same “family”. I really enjoyed performing in Romeo and Winifred and would like to take drama again! Thank You so much Mr. Oncay, we really appreciate the hard work you put in.

8. January 24, 2015 at 8:41 pm

This is my son’s second drama class with Mr. Oncay and he absolutely enjoyed it! I cannot begin to describe the effect drama has on my child and other students, it brings them such a sense of joy and camaraderie, it also brings out their creativity, challenges them to overcome their fear, and helps them grow emotionally. Thank you, Mr. Oncay, for your guidance and your effort in discovering each student’s potential. Mr. Oncay, you rock!

9. Maria T.
    January 30, 2015 at 4:23 am

I loved being in Drama this semester. It was a lot of commitment and took a lot of energy, but it was worth it in the end during the big performance on Friday. The after-school rehearsals were especially fun because we got to hang out after school with our friends. Drama was such a great experience for me and I hope to take it again next year. I really got the feeling that we were all one big family. Romeo and Winifred was such a hit. Lots of my friends who came to the shows said that they loved it and thought it was really funny. Thank you so much for all the hard work and effort you put into this Mr.Oncay! I really hope I can take it again next year.