“Aladdin Jr.” – Comments?

We sold out both nights!

If you attended the show, we would love to hear from you.  Please feel free to post testimonials in the comments section of this page.

I am unable to post pictures of students on my website, but I’ll try to find a few shots to share to give the spirit of the show.  Thank you to our community for all the support!

10 thoughts on ““Aladdin Jr.” – Comments?

1. Joanne Conner
    June 10, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I loved the show. My favorite scene was during the famous song, A Whole New World. The lighting and the dancing and soft singing on the side were gorgeous!

My only feedback would be that it was hard to hear. Sometimes the speaking of the actors (volume and spoke too fast and I felt like I missed a joke) or the music (too loud that I couldn’t hear the actor’s voices).

Otherwise, LOVED it. The show, the costumes, the backgrounds, and of course the directors were great!

2. Tiffany Lo
    June 10, 2014 at 3:36 pm

Dear Mr Oncay,

I took my 6th grader (Annabelle Law – your Exp Wheel student this year) and my 7th grader to the show last Thurs. It was FANTASTIC!!! Way above my expectations! The magic carpet ride for Jasmine and Aladdin was an absolute surprise and so awesome! You and the cast are definitely very talented! We thoroughly enjoyed the show! Looking forward to watching more Miller shows during next school year.

Overall I thought the play was very well done. I just wished there are more mics to go around as I was not able to hear every word that was said or some of the songs when the actors are more soft spoken. That is always a problem with regular and not theater stage, isn’t it? Great to have the narrators passed around the mic where possible and also had actors down where the audience area – made us feel like we were REALLY there at the palace/market place.

Congratulations for a great production and we are so proud of you and your company!

Tiffany

1. June 11, 2014 at 3:46 am

Thanks so much! And just so you know, those mics that were passed around by the narrators were only props (not used for amplification). We would love to add more microphones to our technical side of the show, and support from the audience like you helps us to earn enough to start buying them. Thank you!

3. Aditi
    June 10, 2014 at 5:56 pm

Loved the show!! The students did a fantastic job, of course thanks to your direction and that of Hiral.

4. Jorge Carrasco
    June 10, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Mr. Oncay,

First let me say that honor must be given where and when honor is due, so thank you Mr. Oncay for the passion you have in putting on such an amazing production. Yes, it takes a village to raise a child, but it also takes one to have the vision of raising the child which is where you have come in.

In my previous years working in the educational program/High School Marching Band (East Side Union School district) I learned many things while mentoring, teaching, educating, fostering and last but not least financially supporting many students and programs year after year.

Yes, there are others that work diligently behind the scenes and we commend and admire them too. However it’s teachers and mentors like you that work long hours, sacrifice their own worth, dreams, and give when there is no more to give. Why, because we care! And somewhere in the grand scheme of things we feel rewarded hence we get up the next day to do it all over again… year after year.

So my applause to you first for your passion and care for your students. It was demonstrated on Thursday when I watched you run around with such joy and anticipation of what your students were about to birth… the Aladdin Jr Production. Which I must say, I was quite impressed with the passion and conviction in which the students performed. And I just can’t get over that those students are only in Jr. High…WOW!

As for the A/C -heat, well if 18 plus thousand fans can endure no air conditioning inside the AT&T Center, (NBA-finals San Antonio Spurs vs. Miami Heat) then we can take one for the Arts (team) and kids.

And last but not least, thank you for inspiring Vanessa who is one of my kids in my church. I love that kid too!

May God continue to bless you with more passion and zeal for what you do to inspire kids to not conform this world of violence, crime and a lack luster of hope and love, but to be the transformed to the ultimate gift they were born to be.

Well done Mr. Oncay, my hat’s off to you. You are a definite hero in my book!
    In hopes to meet you one day and find out what drives you to be the person you are. We need more mentors in the world like you!

Sincerely,
    Jorge Carrasco

5. Sarah E.
    June 10, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Thank you for a wonderful performance. The magic of the story truly came to life on stage. All of you did a great job, from the actors to the backstage and lighting crews. Bravo!

6. Travis McPeak
    June 10, 2014 at 6:35 pm

Great show! Great sets and costumes! The actors/actresses really put their heart into it. I really enjoyed attending! I was astonished by the quality and professionalism. It seemed like an amazing opportunity for all involved, and made me wish I had gotten involved in stuff like that when I was a kid.

Thanks for an awesome show!

7. Joanna Miao
    June 10, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I loved the production!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was amazing and I will definitely be back next year.

8. Cristina Izo and Joelle
    June 15, 2014 at 5:04 am

We loved it so much! You did a fantastic job and the cast was amazing so full of life and spirit! I love how the whole community worked together to make the show happen! Thanks again and we hope that many more production opportunities and resources will come as a result of the positive impact this show had on the school!
    Blessings!!!

9. Helen and Don
    July 7, 2014 at 6:10 am

Dear Mr. Oncay,
    My husband and I have watched both nights’ shows, and we enjoyed them so much. All the kids did a wonderful job. We can tell they are so happy on stage. Your effort really shows through the amazing show.

Thank you so much for kindly sending us the video. It’s a great memory! We already watched several times and I am sure we will watch it again.

We cannot wait to see your next production!