When I first picked this book up I had no idea what it was about, but when I read some of it I really enjoyed it. The vocabulary was not too hard and the plot was really good. I would recommend this book would be good for the ages middle school students overall, I say this because there are some strong language and it does not seem like a book for younger students, due to it’s explicit language. This books weakness might be that the book was a little simplistic for me and that the book lacked a little bit of vocabulary. The book was a little confusing in the beginning but then when i got the idea of the story it became a lot easier. The book was pretty much always interesting and never really had a big boring section which was great. Overall the book was enjoyable, and I would rate this book a eight out of ten.
1. Why does the Mogadorians want Earth?
1a. They want to make it their permanent home.
2. How does John react to Mark?
2a. He stands up to him even though he was told not to.
3. What is a legacy and what kind does John have?
3a. It is a special power the Loriens are granted, John is a Lumen.
4. Why do the Loriens stay away from each other?
4a.They stay away because when they get close the charm is broken and they are unprotected.
5. What does John think of when he learns about Sam’s theory?
5a. He is worried Sam is talking about the Mogadorians.
assimilate (pg. 6)
disheveled (pg. 61)
oblong (pg. 79)
ludicrous (pg. 102)
contingency (pg. 121)
6. Why does John get frustrated at Henri
6a. John get mad at Henri because hates and is tired of moving.
7. why does Mark have a grudge on John?
7a. Mark hates John because he beat him up and is going out with his ex-girlfriend.
8. What is Henri’s reaction when Sam tells him the story about Mogadorians?
8a. He is shocked and gets worried the Mogadorians are near.
9. Why does Sam avoid John?
9a. Sam is scared because he thinks John’s an alien.
10. Why does Sam wear his dad’s glasses?
10a. Sam wears his dad’s glasses because he wants to see the world the way that his dad did.
taut (pg. 136)
indentation (pg. 175)
ostensibly (pg. 194)
piqued (pg. 216)
meticulously (pg. 225)
11. Why did Six visit John even though she knew it would break the charm?
11a. Six tries to stop the Mogadorians because she know they will be stronger with two.
12. Why did Henri not tell John about his other legacies?
12a. Because he wanted John to know how to find it by himself incase he was gone.
13. What are John’s legacies?
13a. He is a Lumen and can talk to animals.
14. Why does Henri give into John?
14a. He knows how tired they both are from moving all the time and want to stop it.
15. Why does John let Sam go with him?
15a. He knows that is what he loves to do and wants to have a friend and he know he wants to find his missing dad.
vertigo (pg. 339)
writhes (pg. 361)
reeking (pg. 375)
mildew (pg. 375)
Manila (pg. 433)